An afternoon spent inside may feel like the most effective way to hide unsightly spider veins and varicose veins from the rest of Boca Raton, but it won’t be a proactive way to deal with them. A sedentary lifestyle is one of the most common contributors to the circulation issues that lead to spider veins and varicose veins, so getting more active can be a huge help in keeping them under control.
Any activity that gets you on your feet can make a difference, but cycling is an especially good choice for leg vein issues. This is true for several reasons:
- Cycling flexes your calves. Pedaling a bike stimulates blood flow through the legs, improving your strength and circulation.
- Cycling can help you bust stress. Though any workout can offer this benefit, the fresh air and feel of the wind through your hair can be even more relaxing, especially if you take your bike to a scenic nearby park.
- Cycling can help you lose weight. Again, this perk is not exclusive to cycling, but the low-impact activity is especially valuable to those with joint problems due to excess weight.
Cycling offers a host of benefits even beyond those listed above. It can improve your coordination, heart health, immune system and mental health. Spending at least 30 minutes each day on your bike can help you take advantage of all these benefits.
Because biking is low-impact, it is easily accessible to just about everyone. Still, don’t hesitate to speak with the staff at your vein clinic in Boca Raton if you have any concerns about cycling’s suitability for your spider veins, varicose veins or other circulation issues.
Ready to hop on the bike? These tips can help you make the most of your cycling workout:
- Wear your stockings. Many people with spider veins and varicose veins are already familiar with compression stockings, which are often used as a conservative treatment for circulation issues. To get even more circulatory benefit from your bike rides, wear your stockings as you cycle.
- Go outside. An exercise bike can be just as effective as a real bike, but riding outside has its benefits. The sunshine and fresh air can be invigorating, as can taking a ride through Mother Nature. Also, don’t forget that cycling is more than just a workout—your bike can be a great way to get around, so try taking yours on errands or riding it to work. Sites like mapmyride.com make it easy to find good routes in your area.
When it comes to fighting back against spider veins and varicose veins in Boca Raton, it can be as easy as riding a bike. Where are some of your favorite places to ride in Boca Raton? Let us know in the comments below!