After treating thousands of patients through conservative and surgical means, we have the educational background and patient experience to provide expert consulting services. For short-term projects or long-term applications, each contract is structured differently. Areas of expertise include:
- Product Development
- Educational Lecturing at Conferences
- Pharmaceutical Research
- Software Electronic Health Records and Technology building
- Medical Device
Worker’s Compensation/ Auto Injuries
At the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center we take workplace injuries very seriously. From the initial injury to maximum medical improvement, we strive to get patients back on their feet and working. Thus, personalized service is key. First, you will always speak to a live person and not a digital recording. Same-day appointments are often welcomed with on-site diagnostic services through digital x-ray and ultrasound imaging. We also provide video gait analysis and biomechanical evaluations. Depending on the diagnosis, an individualized treatment plan is outlined, discussed with case management, and approved. We are dedicated to providing the most advanced and comprehensive Foot and Ankle care through conservative, rehabilitative or surgical needs.
Our highly recognized Board Certified surgeons are keynote speakers in workers’ compensation continuing education units (CEU). Our physicians are expert medical advisors that can also provide second opinions for those who have been injured.
Individualized Worker’s Compensation Cases:
- Same-day appointments
- Prompt evaluation and treatment of acute injuries
- Second opinions and plan establishment for chronic injuries
- Effective communication with employers, adjusters, and case managers.
- Timely work status reports (DWC-25)
Once again, at the Foot, Ankle &Leg Vein Center our goal is to have the employee treated by physicians with the highest of qualifications, and both Dr. Schoenhaus and Dr. Gold are board-certified in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery. We look forward to working with you and helping your employees get back to work as quickly and safely as possible.
Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Our dedicated team will help in assisting you with scheduling Independent Medical Evaluations (IME), depositions, and phone conferences. At the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center our Board Certified surgeons will perform an objective and comprehensive independent medical evaluation which includes a complete review of records, patient history, and physical examination in order to address specific questions. Our IMEs can support a variety of needs, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Causal relation clarification
- Medical status evaluation
- Prognosis analysis
- Maximum medical improvement
We provide in-depth, fair, and honest reviews, depositions and courtroom testimony. Our evaluations are based on years of treating patients’ injuries and performing thousands of surgeries.
With over fifteen years of experience in foot and ankle reconstruction and patient care, our physicians are well qualified to perform expert case reviews for malpractice and personal injury. Legal services include:
- An unbiased review of medical records, case history, and determine the legal merit of the case.
- A preliminary report is furnished with any specific questions addressed.
Provide medical chronologies.
- A comprehensive and detailed report and analysis of the pertinent points of the case with conclusions outlined.
If the claim continues to a lawsuit, our doctors are available for expert review, depositions, and testimony.
In-Office Physician Training
Dr. Schoenhaus and Dr. Gold offer a unique practice experience that other doctors cannot learn in residency. We put together a comprehensive program to train other doctors which includes practice management and patient care solutions.
The physician and patient care training includes:
- Patient evaluation, expectation, selection of procedures
- Evaluation of pathology
- Treatment guidelines & parameters
- What to expect and how to handle complications
- Follow up protocols
- Fillers: products available and their uses
We focus on the following treatments:
- Leg vein pathology
- Spider veins and reticular veins and treatment with injection sclerotherapy and/or laser,
- Varicose vein treatments
- Laser hair removal- Dr. Schoenhaus is a licensed electrologist
- Laser for scar reduction
- Laser for nail fungus to include the nail fungal program
- Laser for wart treatment
- Fat pad restoration including laser for collagen genesis post fat pad restoration
- Digit procedures to include toe tucks, cosmetic corn excision, and office hammered toe correction
- Medical Pedicure Program- see various medical pedicures performed on nail fungus, nail disorders, and dry cracked heels.
We focus on all aspects of the business of the aesthetic practice including:
- Establishing a fee for service entity
- Overhead costs
- Setting price standards
- Marketing medical and aesthetic solutions for the foot and lower leg
- Building an aesthetic market within an existing medical practice- brochures, publications, etc.
- Internet marketing and branding
- Forms – consents, off label product uses, patient hand-outs
- Understanding the importance of photography
- Policies and Procedures
- Vendor relationships
Lunch is provided as well as all forms, education, and paperwork.
Professional Shoe Shopping
Dr. Schoenhaus offers this service to assist a patient with shoe-fitting, custom orthotic molding and fitting into shoes, shoe shopping, and purchasing. She has extensive knowledge in current shoe trends for sneakers, flats and slides, sandals, work shoes, dress shoes, and high heels. A careful evaluation of a patient’s feet is performed with digital x-ray imaging, cast molding, video gait analysis, foot typing, shoe sizing, and deformity accommodation. After the comprehensive review, Dr. Schoenhaus will provide professional shoe shopping services at the recommended shoe stores that best suits the individual’s needs and budgets.
Pricing includes office consultation and hourly shoe shopping services.