VENASEAL® TREATMENT FOR VARICOSE VEINS
Dr. Schoenhaus and the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center are pleased to offer the latest in varicose vein treatment, Venaseal Ⓡ. Thousands of cases using Venaseal have been performed in Europe and the United States with the same safety as laser and radiofrequency, RF, procedures. Early results show a 95% effective rate of treatment of the veins with little to no risk factors involved.
WHAT IS THE VENASEAL ® TREATMENT?
Venaseal® is a procedure for vein insufficiency where a medical adhesive is used to close off a portion of a vein that has vein reflux, which causes poor circulation. Reflux occurs when blood flow moving towards the heart flows in reverse direction and blood pools by ankle. Reflux is due to one-way valves that are leaking and not working effectively. The standard treatment for this condition is to close off the bad portion of the vein so the blood can take a different path back to the heart.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR VENASEAL®?
- Anyone who has Vein Reflux
- Patients allergic to local anesthesia- There is no anesthesia required for this procedure
- Patients who have had previous vein procedures
- Patients who have veins below the knee (Venaseal is better for this area as there is less risk of nerve injury.)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE PROCEDURE?
- The procedure is performed In the office procedure and takes about 15 minutes
- You can resume your activity immediately, no downtime
- No anesthesia required
- No procedure pain
- No need to wear compression stocking therapy after treatment
- You can travel immediately after, car or airplane
IS VENASEAL® COVERED BY INSURANCE?
The procedure is currently covered by Medicare if the patient meets all of the requirements. If you do not have Medicare but you are interested in Venaseal® we will assist you in providing a reasonable self pay rate.
It is important that you have the procedure done by a well- trained specialist who is proficient in Venaseal procedures. At the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center Dr. Schoenhaus has been doing vein treatments for 15 years and has performed over 5000 cases.