For treatment or rehabilitation from injury, your podiatrist Boynton Beach may prescribe specially formed orthotics. These shoe inserts are made just for you and can be inserted into your shoes to provide additional support.
Orthotics from your foot doctor Boynton Beach are different from those you can get over the counter at a drug store or footwear supplier. Over the counter don’t target specific conditions and they aren’t formed for your unique foot structure.
Learn why you might need custom orthotics, and find out how they work to ease foot pain.
Orthotics for Pain and Discomfort
Your foot doctor Boynton Beach may recommend orthotics to:
- Relieve foot pain and discomfort.
- Correct foot deformities like flat feet.
- Provide additional support for the ankle.
- Limit the likelihood of injury when recovering from a foot procedure.
Orthotics are usually used when other treatments like physical therapy and exercise aren’t effective.
The Most Common Conditions Where Orthotics Are Used As Part of Treatment
Countless medical conditions can be
alleviated or treated with orthotics. Your foot doctor Boynton Beach will examine your symptoms to determine whether orthotics can help. Imaging pads, physical examination, and sometimes X-Ray and MRI scanning are used to map the foot and any deformities or injuries.
Orthotics are designed by your podiatrist Boynton Beach and manufactured by a specialist medical company.
Some of the most common conditions that require it include:
- Back Pain: Foot problems that affect posture and gait can cause persistent back pain. If you lack adequate cushioning in the feet or if your arches roll inwards, orthotics can be used to stabilize the feet and reduce pain.
- Diabetes: Diabetic neuropathy is a condition that progressively limits sensation in your feet. It is associated with injuries and ulcers that occur without patient knowledge. Orthotics can help to limit the pressure that causes ulcers.
- Arthritis: Pain and discomfort in the feet can be severe when suffering from arthritis. Special orthotics may limit the progression of arthritis and help to restore your mobility. Your foot doctor Boynton Beach will evaluate your condition to determine whether it will benefit you while managing arthritis or recovering from foot surgery.
- Bunions: Bumps that develop at the big toe can cause extreme pain and a risk of progressive foot deformity. Bunions can also lead to hammertoes, causing pain at the second toe. They can reduce pressure on the foot to reduce pain, limit progression, and treat bunions.
- Flat Feet: This condition makes it difficult to walk and may lead to pain in the feet, ankles, and back. It can help to correct flat feet, eliminating pain and mobility problems in the process.
- High Arches: If the arch of one or both of your feet is too high, it can cause stress and lead to conditions like plantar fasciitis and knee pain. Orthotics can help to stabilize the foot, preventing excessive rolling when walking or exercising.
- Plantar Fasciitis: This common condition causes heel pain that can limit your mobility and quality of life. As part of your treatment, your podiatrist Boynton Beach may prescribe custom-formed orthotics to reduce pain and provide adequate support.
- Injuries: If you’ve suffered from a sports injury or any other type of foot or ankle injury, orthotics can be used to provide support during the healing process.
Orthotics are usually used in conjunction with other treatments and procedures at your podiatrist Boynton Beach. Because orthotics are prescribed, you will have the opportunity to discuss your condition and symptoms with your foot doctor, ensuring that you get the best treatment with long-term results.
Suffering From Foot Pain? Talk to your Podiatrist Boynton Beach
If you think you need orthotics for a painful or uncomfortable foot condition, it’s time to talk to your foot doctor Boynton Beach.
Dr. Jason Gold and Dr. Jodi Schoenhaus are the premier podiatrist Boynton Beach team. You can get an accurate diagnosis for your foot condition, with the expert care and treatment methods that only the most experienced medical professionals can provide. From orthotics to physical therapy and advanced surgeries, the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center is ready to take your appointment booking.
Contact us today to schedule a visit with the best podiatrist Boynton Beach.