Foot pain can affect anyone at any stage of life. Sometimes it’s minor and nothing more than a temporary inconvenience. However, for many people, the pain can be chronic. Persistent foot pain can prevent you from enjoying the activities you love, or the ones that you would like to try for the first time.
If you’ve ever put off being active because of foot pain, it could indicate an underlying condition. While foot pain is common, it isn’t normal.
Before you let your foot pain dictate what you can and can’t do, it’s time to talk to your podiatrist Boynton Beach.
Stay Active With the Help of Your Podiatrist Boynton Beach
Maybe you’ve never considered foot pain to be a serious issue. However, if it’s stopping you from walking, enjoying sports, or trying a new outdoor activity, then it’s already time to do something about it.
The average American will walk up to 4,000 steps per day. This is the equivalent of 2 miles. Highly active people can take 10,000 steps per day, or even more if they’re engaged in intensive sports or other physical activities.
Walking is one of the most popular forms of exercise, but you won’t be able to participate if you have constant pain or discomfort in your feet. Your podiatrist Boynton Beach can examine your feet for injuries or deformities. The cause of your foot pain could be relatively simple, with an effective treatment available. Even if there’s a severe injury or developmental problem, a talented foot doctor will be able to provide treatment and even surgical correction if necessary.
Consider all of the benefits you will enjoy when you treat foot pain and increase your physical activity…
- You’ll be able to manage your weight, or even lose weight if that’s your goal.
- Regular walking strengthens muscles, bones, and organs. Daily exercise of at least 30 minutes can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
- Walking daily helps to reduce the risk of diabetes and treat symptoms in some patients.
- High blood pressure and all of the complications that come from it can be treated with a combination of medical supervision and regular exercise.
- Walking and other forms of physical activity can regulate mood and treat or prevent depression and anxiety.
Whether it’s your mental or physical health, being active will have significant benefits. If you’re reluctant to get on your feet and out to the park, gym, or even the treadmill at home, you can talk to your podiatrist Boynton Beach to begin the diagnostic process.
What are the Most Common Causes of Foot Pain?
Foot pain ranges in severity and location. There are hundreds of potential reasons for foot pain, although most patients find that it comes back to a few common conditions. Your podiatrist Boynton Beach is highly experienced in identifying the causes of foot pain. Treatment options vary depending on the underlying issue and your overall health.
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful condition caused by nerve compression. When bone or tissue compresses the nerve, you can feel pain on the inside of your foot, along with burning and tingling. This condition can be caused by flat feet, abnormal bone growth in the foot, arthritis, trauma, and even varicose veins. Surgery can be used to treat the underlying issue, providing relief and a full range of motion without pain.
- Plantar Fasciitis is another common condition that causes foot pain. You’ll feel frequent pain or discomfort at the heel and bottom of your foot. The pain is often severe when you first wake up in the morning, and it can come back when resting for long periods. Treatment is provided through various means, as recommended by your podiatrist Boynton Beach. In minor cases, rest and physical therapy help to overcome the condition. Special orthotics can also be designed to redistribute pressure in your foot for comfortable walking and other activities.
- Metatarsalgia is a fairly common condition that is caused by overuse. If you are generally active but have found that recent pain stops you from enjoying yourself, this could be the underlying cause. Pain is felt at the ball of the foot (the pad directly behind your toes). This common injury can be treated with rest, icing, and supportive footwear or orthotics.
We’ve touched on just three common conditions that can be treated by your podiatrist Boynton Beach. Whatever kind of foot pain you are experiencing, you can have confidence knowing that there is a solution available.
Call the Best Podiatrist Boynton Beach Today
At the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center, you can receive expert diagnosis and treatment for foot pain and discomfort. You don’t have to be sidelined because of an injury or longstanding condition. With advanced diagnostic tools, the expertise of Dr. Schoenhaus and Dr. Gold, and effective treatment methods, we can get you comfortable, pain-free, and ready to enjoy the physical activities you love.
Contact your podiatrist Boynton Beach today to schedule your consultation.