Twisted, enlarged, and unsightly varicose veins are a common condition suffered throughout the population. Up to one in five American adults have varicose veins, with a small group suffering from problems like cramps, heavy legs, and dull pain. The worst problems usually occur in the lower legs. The good news is that Laser Vein Treatment available. With laser vein treatment Boynton Beach, you can correct varicose veins and regain your comfort and self-confidence.
The Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center is your Boynton Beach podiatrist for all vein conditions that impact the lower legs and feet. Dr. Jason Gold and Dr. Jodi Schoenhaus are board-certified foot doctors with decades of experience treating conditions like yours.
Learn more about varicose veins and effective laser vein treatment Boynton Beach.
Varicose Veins – Signs and Symptoms
For many people, varicose veins are an aesthetic concern. The blueish veins are just under the surface of the skin and can become highly visible. Cosmetic concerns usually come without pain, but there are some symptoms that can appear as the problem worsens.
Heavy and swollen legs are often attributed to varicose veins. Skin can feel tight and may even start to itch over time. For people who suffer from varicose veins, the symptoms can worsen as the day progresses. Pain or discomfort is usually worse towards the end of the day, or after long periods of standing or sitting.
Pain mostly occurs in the calf muscles. This pain can also come with cramps, which usually occur at nighttime. These cramps can be extremely painful and can lead to lasting pain throughout the daytime.
The cosmetic problem of varicose veins might seem to be purely aesthetic in nature, but this condition could seriously affect your mental health and wellbeing. People who suffer from varicose veins can become embarrassed by their appearance. In your own case, this could limit the clothing that you feel comfortable wearing. Men may avoid shorts while women may avoid shorter dresses and skirts. Swimming at the beach or a pool may come with anxiety, due to the appearance of varicose veins.
No matter how you experience this condition, you can take comfort knowing that there is treatment available. Laser vein treatment Boynton Beach and a range of other procedures can eliminate varicose veins and the associated pain and discomfort. Treatment will also restore your legs to their natural state, giving you confidence in your appearance.
Laser Vein Treatment Boynton Beach and Other Medical Treatments
The right treatment for you will depend on several factors. It’s important that you visit a podiatrist Boynton Beach to diagnose varicose veins and develop an effective treatment plan.
The procedures available to you will depend on:
- How old you are and your overall health.
- The severity of your varicose veins.
- The symptoms you present when visiting a foot doctor Boynton Beach.
- Your ability to recover from an invasive procedure.
- Your expected outcome from treatment (i.e., do you want to completely remove the appearance of varicose veins.)
- Any other factors as identified by your doctor.
Your initial consultation is an opportunity to talk about the various treatments and any concerns that you might have. An option like laser vein treatment Boynton Beach is non-invasive and suitable for mild cases.
Closing Varicose Veins with Surgical and Non-Invasive Treatments
Closing varicose veins is the most likely form of treatment. A broad range of procedures can be used to cut off blood flow, which causes varicose veins to fade away over time.
- Sclerotherapy and Micro-Sclerotherapy – With this form of treatment, your doctor will inject a special solution into varicose veins. The treatment causes scarring on the vein, which collapses and is reabsorbed into the tissue. Blood flow is naturally rerouted, and the varicose veins will disappear over time. Micro-sclerotherapy is the same concept but is used for smaller varicose veins. This form of treatment usually needs several applications, which are spaced at least a month apart. You will need to wear compression stocking following each procedure.
- Endoscopic Surgery – Surgery may also be used for more severe cases. A camera is inserted into the vein, which a doctor uses to guide a medical device to close the vein. This is usually reserved for extreme cases where veins have led to skin ulcers. As a surgical procedure, normal recovery time can be two weeks or longer.
- Ablation Therapy – Laser and radio waves are used in a minor surgical procedure that heats and closes the vein. A local anesthetic is used to prevent pain during this procedure. Patients can go home on the same day but are required to wear a compression bandage throughout recovery.
- Laser Vein Treatment Boynton Beach – In this procedure, a doctor will use intensive laser light to close varicose veins. This is most effective on smaller veins that present minor symptoms and cosmetic concerns. As a non-invasive procedure, recovery time is almost immediate.
Explore Your Laser Vein Treatment Boynton Beach Options
The experts at the Foot, Ankle & Leg Vein Center can offer consultation and treatment recommendations for varicose veins that affect the lower legs. You can reclaim your confidence and eliminate symptoms of pain and discomfort. Whether through laser vein treatment Boynton Beach or other procedures, Dr. Jason Gold and Dr. Jodi Schoenhaus have the experience and qualifications to ensure that you get the best care and long-term results.
Contact our boutique practice today to schedule your appointment.